“A Year in Review”
by Todd Miller
Its hard to believe 2015 is over and FDG is already moving into 2016. To most, success seems to come quickly. When you watch others and what they have accomplished, you usually can not? appreciate what it has taken for them to get where they are. Ultimately, in failing to see this process, you also fail to learn what it would take for YOU to attain the same level of achievement and success. But, if you take some time to think about it, you will find that success was just a bunch of little steps.? Here are some of FDG’s little steps.
- As Dik Chance was moving back to the UK, Woody Boyd started out the year in a new position with FAST. Mr. Boyd was lunching the idea of FAST Defense Global. He created the idea of a more unified FAST family in the US.
- Bill and Woody had an idea that we wanted to do something POWERFUL at the 2015 48 HOA.? Mr. Boyd had an idea for Bystander Intervention training like no one else was doing at the time.
- After several months of fine tuning FDG launched the “Step Up and Step In”,? Step-up for yourself and step in for others, making the 2015 48 HOA one of the most successful we have done.
- In July at the annual Instructor Tune Up, the attending instructors came up with the idea to head toward a non-profit status. ?It was at this time that Bill Kipp and Woody Body took on more of a consulting role in the future of FDG.
- It was during this same meeting that instructors create the current Board of Directors. ?They ?are: Bill Kipp, Woody Boyd and Todd Miller from the the U.S., EU Director Andras Millward, and Australia Director Dan Watkins. The Officers include Todd Miller President, Angie Van Heel as Secretary, and Josh?Hartwell as Treasurer.
- In addition FDG has been on a social media rampage. ?We have updated our????pages. ?We have completely revamped the website?FAST Defense Global?and this includes the instructor area. ?If you have not yet gotten in contact with us online don’t wait!
- Last but not least. ?The new BIC manuals are